WD PCB Terminal Connections

pc3000

Jared said:
I know this isn't new, but I just wanted to have a sticky with these pictures for easy access.

Passport Solution Using Samsung Adapter:

this is not work in boot code, only normal & kernel

Jared ,
You are wrong MRT does not have Boot Rom Mode ,It Just Lets to access SA using Com Port ,This Feature was available in the earliest versions of MRT also ,Its not added now a days in any new version

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Amarbir[CDR-Labs said:
":p3bx9h1u]Jared ,
You are wrong MRT does not have Boot Rom Mode ,It Just Lets to access SA using Com Port ,This Feature was available in the earliest versions of MRT also ,Its not added now a days in any new version

When did I ever say it does? All I said was.

Jared":p3bx9h1u said:
I wasn't aware that MRT supported Boot ROM code mode. I guess they must have added it since I last looked at it.

I guess I was just confused my Michael's comment about the terminal connections also working for MRT.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
MRT does definitely support Boot ROM code now, although it's nearly impossible to figure out how to use it. Took me an hour yesterday helping someone remotely to just do something PC-3000 takes two seconds to accomplish.

datahaze

Jared":398c88i4 said:
And this one added by Wayne on Ace forum for the 800041 & 800022 boards:

I tried this method to no avail on a 2060-800041-000 REV P1, was unable to enter BOOT ROM mode. I'm not an expert at soldering but pretty sure I soldered the connections right. I notice my PC USB TERMINAL board says 3.3v instead of 5v so maybe that's the issue. Any suggestions? What is a good Windows tool to just monitor the terminal, that could help me debug it.

Case 1 )
I have read all modules and rom WD10JMVW drive directly from usb. Loaded to sata pcb. Cloned drive. But interrupted somehow . Remained. % 2. Now head problem I guess. I tried again to read modules and rom over usb . Now Cannot read from usb.

Case 2)
I cannot read modules and rom WD10JPVX from usb with samsung adaptor.

pclab

Case 1: sometimes this also happens to me. For instance, during the imaging a head can become weaker and cannot read anymore if you stop and start.
Try to load FW from head 1 for instance, instead of head 0.

Case 2: Usually I use Toshiba terminal. Try it.

pclab":jp9qrob0 said:
Case 1: sometimes this also happens to me. For instance, during the imaging a head can become weaker and cannot read anymore if you stop and start.
Try to load FW from head 1 for instance, instead of head 0.

Case 2: Usually I use Toshiba terminal. Try it.

Thanks for reply.
Case1: Opened disk. Very bad platter damage. Finished recovery

Case 2 : I will try

datahaze

Jared":1f93aqsa said:
And this one added by Wayne on Ace forum for the 800041 & 800022 boards:

file.php

On some passport boards this method doesn't work for me. I have a 800041-000 REV P1 (3TB) in front of me right now. What does work is adding a third connection from the next available pin on the HDD. wayne.jpg