WD My Book

pclab

Hi Guys

I have here this WD My book that have 2x3TB drives inside.
The WD enclosure failed (got corrupted, and even WD can't help, said that there's no solution for it...).
So the only thing is doing a software recovery.
My client first told me that the system was on Raid 1 (Mirror), so I thought that the data should be only on one drive, but wrong...
After many testing I found that the Mirror was made between the 2 drives. I can already get the data in RAW, but in one of the configurations of the Raid, I could find all the folder tree with the files inside, but when I try to save the files and open them, they are all 000 in hex view. :?: :?:

In Raw I could get everything (I think, since there are a few thousand Jpegs on it that were the important thing to recover).
My question is: why in one configuration I could see the folder tree and files can't be open and on RAW I can open them???
Any hints?

Thanks

pclab

Actually they don't... I have to fiddle with the Raid settings.
The only one that did it automatically was Reclaime, but it only found the folders and files, but they were empty..

Sam

I got the exact same thing in a couple days ago. With both drives connected to a PC, R-studio recognized the filesystem (this one was HFS+). I just copied the data off--didn't even have to run a scan.

lcoughey":3a9lovnc said:
pclab":3a9lovnc said:
Working on the originals.
Bad boy!

Lol ,
You Made My Bad PCLAB "Bad Boy X 2 " :D .I Am Of The opinion That When You Got The Folder List That Was All Wrong Metadata And Pointing To Wrong Sectors That did Not Have Anything Hence The ZERO Inside Files .What All Tools Have You Tried Till Now PCLAB

lcoughey

pclab":16o406tm said:
lcoughey":16o406tm said:
[post]9148[/post]
pclab":16o406tm said:
Working on the originals.
Bad boy!

Working on them, because the problem was the enclosure, not the drives.
I checked them first and they are healthy.
How does one know that 100% of the sectors are good without reading them all? Always clone client drives.

Sent from my BBB100-1 using Tapatalk