WD My Book Duo

slingshot

Hi guys, having an issue recreating the RAID out of one of these things. Drives have imaged nicely but something is getting in the way of a virtual raid reconstruction and I'm thinking it maybe down to the WD 256 bit AES hardware encryption ? Anybody able to shed any light on this one for me please ?

As always, thanks in advance for any ideas / pointers :)

slingshot

Unfortunately the enclosure is nuked and I'm not entirely sure if getting another one will work, as the keys are meant to be stored on the enclosures main-board :roll:

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
slingshot":1owbc24x said:
Unfortunately the enclosure is nuked and I'm not entirely sure if getting another one will work, as the keys are meant to be stored on the enclosures main-board :roll:
Anything on that enclosure bridge that looks like a ROM chip you could dump? I had a WD NAS that seemed to be encrypted by the bridge as well. The case was never approved so I didn't pursue it, but I seem to recall a couple ROM looking chips and I assumed the encryption key might be stored in one of those.

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

slingshot

I am unable to dissemble the enclosure as its going back to customer. They seem to think they can get WD to sort it out for them :lol:

In the interests of this thing coming back (like a boomerang) once WD have taken an almighty turd on said customer, how could I dump from the chip on the controller board ?