WD HDD Head Swap Experiences

In MRT there isn't any option that let us check microjogs.
For that purpose, if you don't own pc3k, check mod 47 with MOD47Tool

http://www.hddoracle.com/viewtopic.php?p=4420#p4420

file.php

its experience trying
donor 3200 BEVT 80A0RT0 Mariner - 21 JUN 2010 - HBNTJBB
Patient 500 BPVT 00HXZT1 Zephyr - 08 OCT 2011 - HA0T2AB

So mariner and zephyr cross compatible if you could match it truelly. I have found a new matching criteria that I have discovered before. It's just belongs to me right now

3200BEVT HSA worked on 500BPVT. I saw modules. Its not a data recovery job. Just for experience.

What an experience that broked my all info that I have collected before about WD HSA matching criteria. LOLS

:D :D :D :D

Another funy things about this trying.
I was lazy. Opened it over my table. in normal condition. Not used head comb. No clean room. Head touched to each other. And ...
I worked it with no cover on it.
What a crazy experience ..
But now head gone lol. maybe dust over head. Its garbage now.

1602768828879-1829013277.jpg

RighteousEvil

What are some good techniques to keep the read/write heads apart (not sticking) before taking the hsa off the ramp. Without a dedicated tool?

Ive seen a youtube video where a guy said he uses sticky notes. Or even curled up plastic/alu pill containers he cut up. But never explained where to put it between the arms. Help?

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
RighteousEvil":2h7ipqps said:
What are some good techniques to keep the read/write heads apart (not sticking) before taking the hsa off the ramp. Without a dedicated tool?

Ive seen a youtube video where a guy said he uses sticky notes. Or even curled up plastic/alu pill containers he cut up. But never explained where to put it between the arms. Help?

Get some old drives and practice. Take the heads out, re-install them, and see if it still works.

If you have to ask a question like this, you've got no business trying this on a drive that actually needs recovery. Especially not if it belongs to someone else.

What a strange matching again.

500 GB using 4 head, 1 Tb using 4 head.

WD500BMVW-11AJGS0 Patient Fblite 0,1,2,3,
WD10JMVW-11AJGS1 Donor Fblite 0,1,2,3

Matched at first donor try.

Imaging full speed

update: Case closed %100
05aacd32-1d3d-4e17-837c-54fd38611fd2.jpg

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Usually, a 500Gb would have been missing a head or two. I keep saying one of these days I need to go through my inventory and get head maps and PA numbers for all my donors. I'm sure there's been plenty of times I had a compatible donor but didn't check it because it was a smaller size and I assumed wouldn't have enough heads.