WD HDD Head Swap Experiences

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Amarbir[CDR-Labs said:
":kjdrv1fo]
Bankole Oladoja":kjdrv1fo said:
It's also important to check if the PCB of Patient spins Donors HSA continuously...

Wrong ,
I can debate on that if you are interested ,

Amarbir, on hddguru you say I'm the one known to go off without cause, yet you continue to drop useless derogatory posts like this. It was crap like this which motivated me to give you a warning the first time.

If you have something meaningful to say, say it. But just dropping comments saying your "wrong" isn't constructive.

Jared":3jttvp8d said:
Amarbir[CDR-Labs said:
":3jttvp8d]
Bankole Oladoja":3jttvp8d said:
It's also important to check if the PCB of Patient spins Donors HSA continuously...

Wrong ,
I can debate on that if you are interested ,

Amarbir, on hddguru you say I'm the one known to go off without cause, yet you continue to drop useless derogatory posts like this. It was crap like this which motivated me to give you a warning the first time.

If you have something meaningful to say, say it. But just dropping comments saying your "wrong" isn't constructive.

Well,
Correct you seem to get triggered like a bomb sometimes .Take an example here ,This post if totally pointed towards bankole yet you seem to be offended .Secondly why did i ask this to bankole ,Well few months back he had a issue and i tried to help him over team viewer by trying to match a rom for his 2 TB case .Well my gentlemen though was let me try and solve a issue for a friend might be he could help me out with something someday .Then few days later i posted a question about canon 80d video recovery ,to which i get a pm that he will do it but he was least interested to teach/tell me i felt bad and offended as that day i tried to help him without concealing any knowledge .This is one reason i asked him if he is interested then i will say so .Now coming to the point as you asked so here you go .

Q The Matter is that bankole says " It's also important to check if the PCB of Patient spins Donors HSA continuously "
Answer : Wrong in many ways ,Well here you go

1 : Patient PCB will Click in Donor HSA Sometimes if The Following Mismatches

Total mismatch of Patient ROM Version And platter Versions " HDD will click and spin down " inspite of heads being compatible " .This is documented in Acelab rom matching blog entry also

Same stuff will happen sometimes in a scenario Due to servo version mismatch sometimes

Same stuff will happen if the donor heads are less and not checked by the party ,though more heads will not make the click down happen .

and a few more non documented issue i would not like to talk about

PS : I know a 100% method to match any western digital drive head with the other by working on the rom only .This means if i have rom of two drives i can check and tell you if the heads are compatible .You bunch of people share all such kind of info in your secret section in forum ,were we have no access to ,Hence i particularly am not interested in sharing this information on your public forum for your benefit sorry .I am also not interested in getting any pm's from anyone asking me to give such information .This is due to the fact that none of you have actually gone out of the way to help me in any of my posts .Included the latest one i had in the physical section .As far as i am concerned i write short replies but i will go out of the way if indeed someone wants me to help ,If you find my short replies derogatory " which i have no idea why " i have no choice other then to shut up and just watch you all my friends chit chat without participation ,because my intention is not to offend anyone ,i have crossed that kiddish stage ages ago .

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
First off, there isn't even a lot of content in the secrets section. Also I don't decide the membership, I leave that up to the collective. Only if there is unanimous agreement that a person is trustworthy not to reshare and experienced enough to contribute are they allowed access. So if you really want access I suggest you work on building trust / friendship with other techs on here. I keep it that way so everyone feels confident they can post a tip or secret and not worry it'll be publicly reposted.

I have no doubt that you've got good information to contribute. You've established your reputation well on that regard. My only complaint has always been that you often post for no purpose other than to tell people they are wrong or berate what they say without even offering something helpful to go with it. I agree with you that what Bankole said isn't accurate. But rather than just telling him he's wrong and that's it, I'd offer a more accurate explanation.

Jared":1efv1u8g said:
First off, there isn't even a lot of content in the secrets section. Also I don't decide the membership, I leave that up to the collective. Only if there is unanimous agreement that a person is trustworthy not to reshare and experienced enough to contribute are they allowed access. So if you really want access I suggest you work on building trust / friendship with other techs on here. I keep it that way so everyone feels confident they can post a tip or secret and not worry it'll be publicly reposted.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Well,
This is one reason i do not write too much or discuss too much i have crossed that stage ,Only if i think my secrets remain secrets will i share that ,You do understand the value and time taken for research in data recovery field .But i enjoy the forum much as you like to keep it running .But trust me i have 0.0000001% mindset in writing any thing derogatory that also when we are all pro guru level DR techs ,Anyways enjoy your sunday i am on the verge of buying a deepspar unit and very excited :D

Jared ,
You edited the post and added more words for me ,I will keep that in mind for sure and try and give more constructive ideas and replies

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Congrats on the new purchase. I've honestly found I don't use the DDI much now that I've got an Express card. But there are still the occasional case where it can read faster.

Jared":3vx7nnsn said:
Congrats on the new purchase. I've honestly found I don't use the DDI much now that I've got an Express card. But there are still the occasional case where it can read faster.

Well,
if you too plan to sell it gimme a pm whenever i wanna buy 1 more cos i have 2 special computers created for this tool

pc3000

Amarbir[CDR-Labs said:
":3iyj090e]i am on the verge of buying a deepspar unit and very excited :D
Congratulations on your purchase
Have a lot of successful recovery cases With the new tool!

pc3000":30oclekz said:
Amarbir[CDR-Labs said:
":30oclekz]i am on the verge of buying a deepspar unit and very excited :D
Congratulations on your purchase
Have a lot of successful recovery cases With the new tool!

Thanks ,
To All Of You ,The Product is second hand and it comes with 4.45 version and i called deepspar they said they need usd 350 to update it to latest version with 1 year support :)

@Amabir, on the case of your Canon 80d video recovery, which I offered to help, it's actually not what you thinking and am so sorry if it really get you angry. You are angry because I didn't share the idea/knowledge with you but I bet you that wasn't the plan, you were just too quick to conclude. Am always very happy to share the little I know and moreover am not competing in anyway with you.
Am really sorry and please don't be offended. ;)