WD 2TB SED ERROR/NO DATA ACCESS

betty

I have 2tb WD Usb Hdd and i convert it to SATA ... Now its working with Error SED .. I followed the following thread "http://blog.acelaboratory.com/pc-3000-hdd-how-to-solve-sed-problem-in-25-wd-drives.html ".. after that everything OK.. But When i trying to recover the data i can't get any data from the hdd. But when we check the Sector view , i can see the data in there .

Also one more thing " the customer told me that he was used the password for opening the hdd by the utility of WD. unfortunately, the Drive was formatted.

I remove the SED from Hdd Edit ID . Even I am not able to get any Data.

Sam

Refer to post #2 by Jared in this thread: how-to-check-to-see-if-wd-is-encrpyted-t1000.html

If encrypted then you will have to use decrypt option as pclab said. After you have the decrypted image, you may want to take a sector-to-sector copy of it. Then you will have to enter the WD password then run deleted file software on it (if formatted after WD password was entered by client as you state).

betty

Yes PClab I I have already selected the decryption option .

Sam do you mean that, Make image disk of the patient hdd with decryption option and then work on image disk with help of WD tools. Isn't ?