VNR Suddenly Not Recognizing Reader

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Has anyone else had this happen? Suddenly VNR software just acts like it completely doesn't see my VNR reader. I hear the usual Windows notification noise when I plug the reader into the computer, but VNR just acts like it's not connected.

I've done all the usual stuff like remove and re-install the drivers, reinstall the program, reinstall the dependancy packages, etc. But, still nothing. I really hope this reader isn't failing on me. I've only used it a few times.

Any ideas how to resolve this?

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, even checked on an entirely different computer with a fresh install of everything and a different USB cable.

pclab

It doesn't shows nothing on Device Manager? Not even the sound of plug in?
If not, I'm afraid it might be dead...

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
pclab":33struvk said:
It doesn't shows nothing on Device Manager? Not even the sound of plug in?
If not, I'm afraid it might be dead...

No, it does make the noise when plugged in, appears in device manager, and allows me to install the driver just fine. So it doesn't seem like the device has a problem, it's more like the software just can't find it.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
I just tried installing it all on an old Win 7 machine that's been off for the last six months, so no recent Windows updates have been done.

Same thing, it sees the VNR, installs the drivers fine, but the VNR software says "no reader found".

I'm thinking I may have a bad reader.