WD 10ezrx 1tb hdd with no detection But spinning

betty

WD 10ezrx 1tb hdd with no detection but spinning . I had followed the Slow Responding problem as per ACe. no solution. then i open the module 02 and fill "0" in some of the sector as per the ACe blog
" http://blog.acelaboratory.com/pc-3000-h ... rives.html".
after that i got the ID and capacity. but the problem is that now most the JPEG and video files are showing
corrupted.

in these situation
1.SA translator regeneration
2. Translator Regeneration

Which one will help or not ?
or
Any other way out to solve the problem.

betty

betty

yes. I am able to get files in folder structure. but most of the files are damaged. One thing, RAW recovery able to get all files with good condition.

All Heads are ok

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
If there was a firmware or translation issue sectors generally wouldn't be reading at all past a certain point. This sounds more like a logical corruption issue to me. Have you tried scanning the entire clone disk (not the logical volume) using data recovery software such as R-Studio?

jol

betty":243289yc said:
[post]9393[/post]One thing, RAW recovery able to get all files with good condition.
So, whats the problem ?
Data is recovered !
problem solved ?!
No ?

betty

problem is folder wise i am not getting the data.

Is it advisable to do the translator regeneration ?

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Your problem isn't in any way related to the drives firmware/translator/etc. Your problem is purely logical in nature.

Try using other data recovery software on the clone.

Make sure you do a full clone, Ignore partion analysis in DE and do a full scan with a good Logical Recovery Software. Hope this help.

Betty ,
I wanted to ask you if you were able to read/clone mft records of this drive ? . If i can get your answer i think i know whats going on