Seagate ST2000MD001 2tb hdd shows 3.86gb

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
That's just a default value reported by the PCB when the drive fails to initialize properly. How does the drive sound when it is first powered on? Does it click at all? Does it keep spinning or does it spin down after a few seconds?

Given that it's a Grenada family drive, with that symptom, it's most likely failed read/write heads.

Kishore22

No clicking sounds but it's spins continuously.
Actually I am working with PC suddenly HDD stopped working and not recognized by BIOS but when I plug SATA to USB 3.0 it shows 3.86gb not initialized

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
If it's spinning continuously, then it might be a firmware issue. Unfortunately, that's a terminal locked model so you can't do anything to attempt recovery unless you've got a PC-3000 handy.

Recovery is likely possible, but certainly not DIY without pro tools.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
A case like yours is only possible with PC-3000 currently. The system costs around $6000 US to buy and takes about 5 years to learn how to use it.

lcoughey

alialam":124zrfiz said:
Jared":124zrfiz said:
[post]8723[/post] drive
Hi
My seagate 500 GB barracuda in clicking after powered on an after a minute it stop spinning
What should I do!? :?:
If it stops spinning, there is little you can do without professional tools and facilities. At the very least, determine the value of your data and be 100% certain that your data is not worth the cost of professional services before you attempt anything more.