Common Terminal Response - Seagate F3 Arch

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
nissimezra":3pavqu4b said:
So much to learn, it never ends :( everyday new thing comes. I feel like my brain fried.

No, and it never will end. Even if you feel you ever get a pretty good handle on HDDs, you'll find yourself branching into flash, SSDs, etc. and have another mountain of information to attempt to absorb.

There are hundreds, if not thousands of engineers constantly working to design new storage media, then just a handful of us trying to understand how it all works well enough to recover the data. If you were hoping to ever master a field, this isn't going to be it. No one ever fully masters data recovery, no one. We've all got different sets of gaps in our knowledge.

nissimezra

Jared":3vjlf2id said:
nissimezra":3vjlf2id said:
So much to learn, it never ends :( everyday new thing comes. I feel like my brain fried.

No, and it never will end. Even if you feel you ever get a pretty good handle on HDDs, you'll find yourself branching into flash, SSDs, etc. and have another mountain of information to attempt to absorb.

There are hundreds, if not thousands of engineers constantly working to design new storage media, then just a handful of us trying to understand how it all works well enough to recover the data. If you were hoping to ever master a field, this isn't going to be it. No one ever fully masters data recovery, no one. We've all got different sets of gaps in our knowledge.
Master it? I'm 52 :( in this age no way to master anything.
I'm electronic technician but not a master.
I'm nearly 30 years in the electronic field and believe me I know how things change fast.

You must love what you're doing to succeed. I'm enjoying every minute making people happy.

LarrySabo

nissimezra":3gdt1bfu said:
I'm nearly 30 years in the electronic field and believe me I know how things change fast.

You must love what you're doing to succeed. I'm enjoying every minute making people happy.
I'm 78 but know better than to try to master it. :) Unless you are younger and make it your career, the best you (I) can do is learn and invest enough to make the effort and expense worthwhile. As a sole source of income, it wouldn't be feasible for me. But it's enjoyable and the income does exceed the cost, so it's time and effort well spent. Besides, it keeps you mentally challenged which is a good thing.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
I'm only 36, and hoping to sell out and retire too. :D

Anyone interested in buying Data Medics? Larry?

lcoughey

Whatcha say Larry? Buy out Jared and me and you'll have plenty of business to keep you busy until you are 100.

LarrySabo

:lol: :lol: :lol: May the two of you have many more good years in the business; you're both way too young to retire.

nissimezra

LarrySabo":3ch4tmv7 said:
nissimezra":3ch4tmv7 said:

I'm 78 but know better than to try to master it. :) Unless you are younger and make it your career, the best you (I) can do is learn and invest enough to make the effort and expense worthwhile. As a sole source of income, it wouldn't be feasible for me. But it's enjoyable and the income does exceed the cost, so it's time and effort well spent. Besides, it keeps you mentally challenged which is a good thing.
OMG 78? Man I thought you are around 60, 65 max.
You are in ottawa not far from me, You can call me if you want, looking for a pal in my field. Here in Montreal it's like grave no one talk, everyone closed in doors. wired place. Boring.

nissimezra

Jared":2ntbscu4 said:
I'm only 36, and hoping to sell out and retire too. :D

Anyone interested in buying Data Medics? Larry?
Life is going to be harder if you don't have electronic background. In SSD you cannot replace the PCB board you'll need to fix it, it's not easy even for people with good electronic knowledge. I guess in few you years I'll have some kind of advantage over the data recovery doctors that using PC3000 :mrgreen: :). Not meant for you, you are a nice guy.