Page 1 of 2

Is there a Data Recovery software that look for the desktop only?

Posted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:58 pm
by FoxAdriano
I deleted some important files on the desktop and I'd like to recover them. Is there a Data Recovery software that look for the desktop only?
Thanks

Is there a Data Recovery software that look for the desktop only?

Posted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:39 pm
by RolandJS
You might have to make a usb or dvd boot with MiniTool Power Data Recovery portable version on it. The less Windows is used, the better off the undeletion/recovery efforts will be. Actually, there are a great number of data recovery utilities, Restorer, Stellar, R-Studio, and so many more. The main thing, use Windows a lot less, use any usb or dvd boot and its utility much more.

Is there a Data Recovery software that look for the desktop only?

Posted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:47 pm
by Jared
RolandJS wrote:You might have to make a usb or dvd boot with MiniTool Power Data Recovery portable version on it. The less Windows is used, the better off the undeletion/recovery efforts will be. Actuallyh, there are a great number of data recovery utilities, Restorer, Stellar, R-Studio, and so many more. The main thing, use Windows a lot less, use any usb or dvd boot and its utility much more.


Disregard most of this. If data was lost on the computer you're on, shut it off by physically unplugging it (don't shut down as that will perform logging which creates new data) and make a clone of the drive using another computer. Every second the computer is on it's creating new data that can be overwriting data.

That having been said, all data recovery software is going to need to scan the whole drive. You can't scan "just the desktop" because the data isn't actually stored on the desktop like you're thinking. A folder (including the desktop folder) is just an entry in the file system that referrs to some file entries. Where the data is physically stored on the HDD has no relation to the folder it's in. So when a file is deleted from a folder the entry is usually gone and the file will need to be found by scanning the whole drive.

Is there a Data Recovery software that look for the desktop only?

Posted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:28 pm
by FoxAdriano
Thanks for your precious news.

Is there a Data Recovery software that look for the desktop only?

Posted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:00 pm
by RolandJS
If the HD has no physical failure, if the HD has no "logical" failure, if all you did was delete several important files, and, if you did not, prior to or after posting this thread "try everything known to man", all you need to do is usb or dvd boot MiniTool Power Data Recovery, portable version, and let it scan the whole hard-drive as Jared said [there is NO scanning "the desktop"] -- I thought I made that clear earlier, I guess not.

Is there a Data Recovery software that look for the desktop only?

Posted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:24 pm
by lcoughey
MiniTool is crap, though. At the very least, I'd recommend R-Studio, which will possibly show deleted files right away, without needing to scan the drive at all.

Is there a Data Recovery software that look for the desktop only?

Posted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:09 pm
by Amarbir[CDR-Labs]
lcoughey wrote:MiniTool is crap, though. At the very least, I'd recommend R-Studio, which will possibly show deleted files right away, without needing to scan the drive at all.


Well,
I consider rstudio to be crap ,as it will show useless files with nonsense headers " My Opinion " ,Luke you try Get Data Back Simple For a Change And Try Level 3 Analyses in this tool for a change

Is there a Data Recovery software that look for the desktop only?

Posted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:38 am
by Bankole Oladoja
Amarbir[CDR-Labs] wrote:Source of the post
lcoughey wrote:MiniTool is crap, though. At the very least, I'd recommend R-Studio, which will possibly show deleted files right away, without needing to scan the drive at all.


Well,
I consider rstudio to be crap ,as it will show useless files with nonsense headers " My Opinion " ,Luke you try Get Data Back Simple For a Change And Try Level 3 Analyses in this tool for a change


R-Studio a crap?? in this case ?? :o :o

Is there a Data Recovery software that look for the desktop only?

Posted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:47 am
by Jared
Amarbir[CDR-Labs] wrote:Source of the post I consider rstudio to be crap


R-Studio can do quite a number of things that little or no other software can actually do. GDB is fine, but I can do far more with R-Studio. I've seen tons of cases where GDB didn't files that R-Studio could, or where R-Studio could rebuild folder structure where no other software could.

You've just got to understand how to use the program. For example, you mention getting too many false file leads. Did you know you can completely control that side of the program. You can disable file types that commonly get false leads, you can modify and even re-create ones that exist so you can refine their results, and you can even add your own file types in.

Is there a Data Recovery software that look for the desktop only?

Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:58 pm
by Amarbir[CDR-Labs]
Jared wrote:
Amarbir[CDR-Labs] wrote:Source of the post I consider rstudio to be crap


R-Studio can do quite a number of things that little or no other software can actually do. GDB is fine, but I can do far more with R-Studio. I've seen tons of cases where GDB didn't files that R-Studio could, or where R-Studio could rebuild folder structure where no other software could.

You've just got to understand how to use the program. For example, you mention getting too many false file leads. Did you know you can completely control that side of the program. You can disable file types that commonly get false leads, you can modify and even re-create ones that exist so you can refine their results, and you can even add your own file types in.


Hi,
I know all of this ,how many logical cases you handle each day can you tell me ,Because i think i handle quite a few of them ,I am Not talking about GDB i am taking about GDS