Page 1 of 2

Seagate data recovery

Posted: Mon May 27, 2019 8:53 am
by mayanksharmaggc
Showing wrong sn number and model number and size 3.86gb
Image

Sent from my RMX1801 using Tapatalk

Seagate data recovery

Posted: Mon May 27, 2019 9:15 am
by lcoughey
mayanksharmaggc wrote:Showing wrong sn number and model number and size 3.86gb

If the SN is wrong, someone likely swapped the PCB. You need the original ROM to have any chance to recover a Seagate.

Seagate data recovery

Posted: Mon May 27, 2019 9:32 am
by mayanksharmaggc
lcoughey wrote:
mayanksharmaggc wrote:Showing wrong sn number and model number and size 3.86gb
Image

Sent from my RMX1801 using Tapatalk

If the SN is wrong, someone likely swapped the PCB. You need the original ROM to have any chance to recover a Seagate.
Sir head also making sound like tick tick
And in some seconds drive spin down
Then no movement

Seagate data recovery

Posted: Mon May 27, 2019 9:33 am
by lcoughey
mayanksharmaggc wrote:Sir head also making sound like tick tick

That is irrelevant with a drive that is showing the wrong SN. Your first step is to get the original ROM with the match SN, otherwise, everything else you do is a waste of time.

Seagate data recovery

Posted: Mon May 27, 2019 9:37 am
by mayanksharmaggc
lcoughey wrote:
mayanksharmaggc wrote:Sir head also making sound like tick tick

That is irrelevant with a drive that is showing the wrong SN. Your first step is to get the original ROM with the match SN, otherwise, everything else you do is a waste of time.
Sir i have a same drive with same data code and same manufacture month and year and same part number and same pcb with same revision i swapped that and same sound of head

Sent from my RMX1801 using Tapatalk

Seagate data recovery

Posted: Mon May 27, 2019 9:51 am
by lcoughey
mayanksharmaggc wrote:
lcoughey wrote:Sir i have a same drive with same data code and same manufacture month and year and same part number and same pcb with same revision i swapped that and same sound of head

And your point is? You are wasting everyone's time until you get a PCB with the original ROM on it. You can change the PCB and heads 1 million times, post 10 billion questions and do a rain dance, but there is absolutely nothing that will work without first getting the original ROM.

Seagate data recovery

Posted: Mon May 27, 2019 10:04 am
by mayanksharmaggc
lcoughey wrote:
mayanksharmaggc wrote:
lcoughey wrote:Sir i have a same drive with same data code and same manufacture month and year and same part number and same pcb with same revision i swapped that and same sound of head

And your point is? You are wasting everyone's time until you get a PCB with the original ROM on it. You can change the PCB and heads 1 million times, post 10 billion questions and do a rain dance, but there is absolutely nothing that will work without first getting the original ROM.
Sorry sir
But i am learning so

Sent from my RMX1801 using Tapatalk

Seagate data recovery

Posted: Mon May 27, 2019 10:08 am
by mayanksharmaggc
mayanksharmaggc wrote:
lcoughey wrote:
mayanksharmaggc wrote:

And your point is? You are wasting everyone's time until you get a PCB with the original ROM on it. You can change the PCB and heads 1 million times, post 10 billion questions and do a rain dance, but there is absolutely nothing that will work without first getting the original ROM.
Sorry sir
But i am learning so

Sent from my RMX1801 using Tapatalk
Sir i have backup of original rom

Sent from my RMX1801 using Tapatalk

Seagate data recovery

Posted: Mon May 27, 2019 10:12 am
by lcoughey
mayanksharmaggc wrote:Sir i have backup of original rom

So, either connect the original PCB or write the backup of the ROM to a donor PCB, then you can go to the next step of troubleshooting.

Seagate data recovery

Posted: Mon May 27, 2019 10:13 am
by mayanksharmaggc
lcoughey wrote:
mayanksharmaggc wrote:Sir i have backup of original rom

So, either connect the original PCB or write the backup of the ROM to a donor PCB, then you can go to the next step of troubleshooting.
Thank you sir

Sent from my RMX1801 using Tapatalk