Unknown format file...

pierini1

Hello,
i have got 2 files in some strange formats like this:
1) recovery.vrfs
2) files_and_folders.csv

How do i open them ? (nobody knows about these formats....)
I think there is something related to a tool named "UFS EXPLORER RECOVERY"....

28577165_1914760662170495_6010931948270222385_n.jpg

jol

you kidding ? right ?!
April the first will be in month
and BTW alt + print screen will make a screenshot of the active window only

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Those two files are just the list of file names and the directory tree of the file/folder system. The actual data is still on the original media until you save it somewhere through the software.

pierini1

excuse me but those 2 files are very big especially RECOVERY.vrfs whose size is 7 MB....

And this is a bigger pic of them:
qNjxYAy.jpg

pierini1

7MB is a big file???
You want to extract data from those files, is that it?

Yes, i need to open those data but the problem is i do not know how to open this file (RECIVERY.vrfs) because NOBODY knows what tools can open .vrfs files like mine...

pclab

You don't have files inside them.
Those are the "result log" of a scan software (maybe UFS, I don't remember now) and they are used to resume a previous scan of a drive.
You will not get any files from it.

pierini1

but i am able to open "files_and_folders.csv" file and inside there are all my pc directories like for example C:\program files\Emule and other kind of path directories....

Yesterday i was able to open "files_and_folders.csv" through OPEN OFFICE but i am still not able to open "recovery.vrfs" file.
Well, you PCLAB user are right because maybe used UFS to create it (recovery.vrfs) a long time ago and yesterday i installed UFS PROFESSIONAL RECOVERY again but it did not open my file (recovery.vrfs) because UFS at the beginning was loading its opening but after it reached 30% of loading my recovery.vrfs file, its loading disappeared.
I tried again and it happened every time so i deleted UFS.
What does this UFS behaviour mean ?
Are you sure my RECOVERY.vrfs file is empty ?

pclab

Do you still have the original drive that you want to recover?
If yes, start a new search again.
If not, forget these files. You will not get nothing from them.