Unable to recover formatted hard drive Seagate 2 TB

romilnagrani

Hello All,

Yesterday I had to format my 1.8 TB Seagate hard drive as it had occurred to me that it has lot of bad sectors. The format was successfully complete and when I tried to recover the hard drive using EaseUS data recovery software I was able to see all of the hard drive contents. I tried to recover few of the contents to another drive (partition in windows 10) but the process was extremely slow and my laptop didn't had that much of space. Hence I recover small amount of data and copied the recover data (approx. 3 GBs) into the original 1.8 TB hard drive. I also copied 3 GB of "other data" so as to check if my hard drive is able to copy-paste the data or not.

Now if I try to run same software I am unable to see old folder structure and all I see is few folders which I had copied (recover 3GB + other data of 3GB)..Previously the software used to scan 1.7 TB of recoverable data which is 100% accurate, now after scanning for an hour it shows approx. 300 GB of data of which approx. 6 GB is only useful.

How can I recover the original 1.7 TB of data? I have scan my HDD with this few softwares (each for an hr approx)

EaseUS / Mini Tool Recovery / Disk Drill/ Stellar data discovery

Edit:
1 Seagate Drive Info: Seagate Backup Plus STDR2000102 - Hard drive - 2 TB - external (portable) - USB 3.0
2. Had to reformat again and now nothing is getting recovered

Please help!! I had 1.7 TB of data which I need badly as it contains all my educational courses and videos!

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
It is almost certainly a Grenada family ST2000DM001 hard drive inside of there. As soon as these develop any bad sectors, they tend to malfunction and get stuck in a busy state. At first, they get slow, then eventually stop responding entirely.

The good news is that recovery might not cost that much right now. Most cases like this are a flat $450 by our current pricing here in RI, USA. Depending on where you live, it might cost even less.

romilnagrani

Any software that can help recover the data? I tried other tools such as R-Studio and UFS explorer but nothing in luck. Also I am not from USA!

pclab

If those didn't got any results maybe there is other issues.
Those are some of the best software out there....

lcoughey

SabrinaF":ro0zzmdl said:
Have you tried "Recuva" software?

In my opinion, Recuva is garbage. At the very least, it is only designed as an undelete program and not equipped to handle a formatted failing hard drive.