Toshiba USB to SATA Guide

LarrySabo

betty":3mhsvhud said:
[post]7249[/post] i had transfer IC 6 from usb to IC602 on sata board in proper manner.
@betty, what happens if you transfer IC2 from the USB board to the SATA board instead instead of IC6?

betty

@Larry,
Rom IC is IC6 and only one flash ic is there , if i am not wrong. which I transfer to SATA Board. Also IC2 also there. But i think that is not flash ic.

plz update

LarrySabo

@betty, that's what I would have thought, too, but Sunny in this post is highly regarded (for flash work, at least) and reinforces Jared's suggestion that the ROM is actually IC2. Can you tell us the markings on IC2; perhaps we can look it up to verify that it is actually the flash. Or, you could just try it. Do you have any other reference to which IC is the ROM?

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
betty":h2gqvdko said:
[post]7251[/post] But i think that is not flash ic.

I think that you are mistaken. Don't let the fact that it's a different brand chip and isn't marked the same fool you. From the look of the layout, it's definitely IC2 you want to transfer. Toshiba always puts the ROM chip near the main IC and generally always in a place where it's easy to remove without many other components in the way. It's something I've always loved about Toshiba.

jol

IMHO very easy to find out
Read the ROM, then read the chip with an external programmer, compare those 2, and bam there you have it

betty

Larry &Jol,
At present imaging is going on with help of sata conversion. Once it completed , i will surely try to find out the real rom .

shijinkv

Hi,

Toshiba 2TB MQ01UBB200.
PCB : G003309A.

I saw that compatible SATA PCB is G003309A -----> G003235.
But am not able to find G003235 in donordrives.
There are only 2 types available G003235B OR G003235C.
Which is compatible for USB G003309A?

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
They look like they both use the same main IC, so it probably doesn't matter whether you go with B or C.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
They look like they both use the same main IC, so it probably doesn't matter whether you go with B or C.