Toshiba USB to SATA Guide

LarrySabo

@betty, I'm surprised that the connections like in my post with the green and yellow arrows didn't work. Anyway, good luck!

betty

hello Larry

As per your marking on the pcb, now i am able to access the hdd with full capacity and imaging. But some times its showing the busy state and cant read the sector smoothly. i mean some error prevented to read the sector.Also in utility there have no model which matching our current task. ie MQ03UBB200. Even though i choose the another model and succeed in clear the G-List. But next time i go to the utility ,in terminal shows the same G-list error. but in DE i can read the sector with error.

Before i tried to use sata board which is not compatible.

LarrySabo

Ah, okay. I don't have a PC3K so perhaps one of those who do can offer suggestions. When you tried the SATA board, you did transfer IC6 from the USB board to the IC601 position on the SATA board, I assume?

betty

Hi Larry,

Of course, i have transfer the IC6 to 601. Before i change the IC6 i just check the sata with usb hdd and it was working. i mean spindle motor was in working condition. after i change the ic6 the sata is not working on the usb hdd. even not spinning spindle. so that i thought , rom version is not compatible with sata board.

any way , is it any reason related to sata connection for the busy state or sector is reading problem?

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Are you sure you soldered the IC602 on the right way? If it's upside down it won't be able to read the ROM code.

Also, it was the IC602 you moved over and not the IC606 right? The 602 is the magic number.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
You're right, I didn't see that it's not labeled IC602. However, I'm not totally sure it's the IC6 either. While that looks like the right type of chip, the position on the PCB seems wrong. Usually, the IC602 is located closer to the main IC. I'm thinking that IC2 is actually the one to transfer to the position of the IC602 on the SATA board.

I don't have one of these PCBs here to really take a close look and see for sure. However, my assumption of their labeling scheme is that:

IC602 was abbreviated down to IC2
IC606 was abbreviated down to IC6

they just omitted the "60" inside the labeling.

betty

i had transfer IC 6 from usb to IC602 on sata board in proper manner.

also i am adding the SATA board pic

Attachments

• sATA  board G003235.jpg
    sATA board G003235.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 1,921