Toshiba USB to SATA Guide

betty

thanks Larry,

I just started the work. I disconnect the Said capacitor and now i am confuse that which pin connect to Sata connector(ie pin no 2,3,5,6 and rest are the GND). I mean upper side connection is represent to 1 & 2 and lower pins represent to 5 ,6 . Is it right or any connection can connect to any sata pin.

thanking you...

note: if possible, make marking of pin connection no...

also I wisit http://www.donordrives.com and find out for MQ01ABB200 & I have the equivalent SATA PCB . ie G003235C. but again my doubt is that my patient drive model is MQ03UBB200 . Here is difference in "4th " digit. So is it match with my drive.?

Please share your ideas

jol

Yes 2(A+)+3(A-) 5(B-)+6(B+)
91405271-7.gif

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
betty":1h0qmskl said:
[post]7192[/post] also I wisit http://www.donordrives.com and find out for MQ01ABB200 & I have the equivalent SATA PCB . ie G003235C. but again my doubt is that my patient drive model is MQ03UBB200 . Here is difference in "4th " digit. So is it match with my drive.?

Yes, as long as you're using the correct SATA replacement PCB number and you transfer the IC602 it'll work. What model HDD the PCB came from is irrelevant.

LarrySabo

betty":rregrpc7 said:
[post]7192[/post]I just started the work. I disconnect the Said capacitor and now i am confuse that which pin connect to Sata connector(ie pin no 2,3,5,6 and rest are the GND). I mean upper side connection is represent to 1 & 2 and lower pins represent to 5 ,6 . Is it right or any connection can connect to any sata pin.
I don't know off hand but I'll see if I can find out. What's the MCU part number?

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
You can always just trial and error figure this one out. Two pairs, each with a 50/50 shot of getting the right order. There's only 8 possible combinations. Just use some wire nuts and try it every which way until you get it right. I don't think you can cause any harm doing this as they are only data lanes with no more than a few microvolts of potential.

I would guess that if you look at the diagram of a SATA board, and use that as your guide to where the data lanes go, it'll probably be the same on the USB pcb.

LarrySabo

This would be my first guess, where the origins of the arrows are the vias you determined are actually connected to that side of the capacitors, which you have unsoldered.

10ml93m.jpg

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
My thoughts exactly Larry. You just did a better job explaining it with pictures. :D

By the way Larry, what program do you use to draw arrows on pictures? I like the way yours come out.

LarrySabo

Thanks, Jared. I use FastStone Image Viewer for many of the functions (draw, crop, arrows, resizing, etc.) but for creating a composite from two images as I did here, I use Magix Xtreme Photo Designer (freeware),which I link to from the "Use an external image editing program" menu in FastStone Image Viewer. I also use Magix Xtreme for cloning (pixels, not drives LOL!) and a few other functions.

betty

Thanks Larry

I tried to make connections in 8 different ways. I could not success. Only "Err" register indicating. Now i am trying with Equivalent Sata Pcb.Once it completed let you update the status of the task.

betty