Toshiba USB to SATA Guide

betty

hai to all,

[

i got a toshiba 2tb usb hdd with serial MQ03UBB200 so the SATA equivalent should be MQ03ABB200 which uses the G3918A PCB.
But I am unable to get the equivalent pcb. So any body help to make sata connection on the usb pcb.

Even i tried to make the connection . but not success.
pls give the mark with pin no.

I am attach the images of PCB both sides.

Thanking you,
Betty
Crystal

Attachments

• i6^cimgpsh_orig.jpg
    i6^cimgpsh_orig.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 6,087
  • i7^cimgpsh_orig.jpg
    i7^cimgpsh_orig.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 6,088

betty

Hi,
I tried but not getting compaitable. also if the Sata conversion is possible, i thought go with SATA conversion.

If u have experience with the same model plz give some idea regarding pin config and pin sequence

Betty
Crystal Data Recovery Lab
Maharashtra

LarrySabo

I'm just guessing, but I suspect the two paired traces leading from the MCU towards the IC that feeds the USB connector, are the Rx and Tx lines. I would unsolder one end of each of the capacitors circled in the crop below and find vias that connect to them, to which I would solder Rx/Tx lines to connect to the SATA data connector. I've circled a couple that look like possible connections but you really need to use an ohm meter to verify and to locate the other two. You could use the USB connection to supply power to the drive or locate the power lines from the USB connector and use those to connect to the SATA power connector. Let us knows how you make out.

8x7ka8.jpg

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
You beat me to it Larry. I was just about to post this picture when I saw your post:

Attachments

• Sata Lanes.jpg
    Sata Lanes.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 6,086

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
LarrySabo":2fop6t6n said:
[post]7180[/post] You could use the USB connection to supply power to the drive or locate the power lines from the USB connector and use those to connect to the SATA power connector.

I don't think he needs to worry about the SATA power connector at all. Once you remove the resistors the USB cable won't be doing much more than to power the drive, so you can continue to use that for power.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
LarrySabo":1d0efhnb said:
I suggested it for power control by the DE program.

I'd say the easier solution for that is to just cut the USB cable and shove the correct wires into the molex coming from the PC-3000 card. :lol: