Toshiba USB to SATA Guide

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
abedalkareem":1avysofg said:
hi
have this Toshiba USB PCB "G3959A" any one know what its compatible SATA PCB?

I'd probably start by trying a G3918A

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
abedalkareem":6dtlg2fi said:
Jared":6dtlg2fi said:
[post]6920[/post] I'd probably start by trying a G3918A

welcome back jared to your forum :) , it have been while you didn't post any thing

I was on vacation in Thailand and Cambodia for three weeks. Just got back.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
jol":25j2k9nl said:
Jared":25j2k9nl said:
[post]6920[/post]
abedalkareem":25j2k9nl said:
hi
have this Toshiba USB PCB "G3959A" any one know what its compatible SATA PCB?

I'd probably start by trying a G3918A
+1 (I still want a model no.)

I'm guessing he's got a MQ03UBB300 so the SATA equivalent should be MQ03ABB300 which uses the G3918A PCB.

Jared":2x34eon9 said:
[post]6933[/post]
I'm guessing he's got a MQ03UBB300 so the SATA equivalent should be MQ03ABB300 which uses the G3918A PCB.

yes you are right jared its correct model , i don't have the compatible SATA PCB also , so i just soldered SATA interface to the USB PCB

laxrat37

I'm pretty new to this and have a Toshiba 3.0 canvio basics that won't spin up. If I swap out the G3448A board for a G003235c, will I be able to connect it to my mac with a SATA cable and extract the data? I have been reading about firmware for the board and don't know if this applies to me.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
laxrat37":1nqpgk62 said:
I'm pretty new to this and have a Toshiba 3.0 canvio basics that won't spin up. If I swap out the G3448A board for a G003235c, will I be able to connect it to my mac with a SATA cable and extract the data? I have been reading about firmware for the board and don't know if this applies to me.

You'd need to also transfer the ROM chip which contains the configuration pages necessary for drive operation. But, yes that's the basic concept. Generally all USB native drives have SATA counterparts of the same drive family.