Toshiba MQ01abd scratch on surface

jerovsek

Hello,

I need your opinion about head replace on MQ drive.
Ther is visible scratch on inner sidr of upper platter.
Is it worth to try or not.
On power on, drive clicks like crazy(lime machinegun)

thank you

Attachments

• IMG_6976.JPG
    IMG_6976.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,395

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
I'd say there's very little chance you'll recover much of anything from it. Is it worth trying, I suppose that depends on how important the data is. I'd definitely make the customer pay for parts and probably add an attempt fee just due to the low odds of success.

That or you can send it to Ace Data Recovery group in Texas, they swear they can recover from nearly all scratched platters :lol: (don't actually do this, they are full of it).

Jared":3biz8p3s said:
I'd say there's very little chance you'll recover much of anything from it. Is it worth trying, I suppose that depends on how important the data is. I'd definitely make the customer pay for parts and probably add an attempt fee just due to the low odds of success.

That or you can send it to Ace Data Recovery group in Texas, they swear they can recover from nearly all scratched platters :lol: (don't actually do this, they are full of it).

Jared ,
I could not see any of this on thier website ,Can you send me the link or something would be fun seeing it please

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
The guy called me to claim that. Though I think he's just hoping I'll end up sending in cases I can't figure out (pretty rare). I can understand this business tactic, as I've recovered the last three drives I received that other labs gave up on. But, I still think it's a ridiculous claim.