Toshiba Head Swap Experiences

Jared":1wnfa2uc said:
DigitalVeriKurtarma":1wnfa2uc said:
[post]13043[/post] I am deleting p list

:shock:
:roll: :D
Yep.
Sometimes rewriting original p list. So sometimes breaking to respond. Lol. I don't remember how many times I delete , exact some data and than stopping . Again rewrite p list , extracting some , and goes on like this. Still continues to extract.
What a stupid case. ))))

It's read yellow unread sectors when doing this way.
Aprox % 40 unread sectors now around % 5

Lucky1001

Today case solved :IMG_4449.JPGWrite Ok (In this case need for clear G-List)
Reading ~30-40Mb/sec
HeadsMap - 0,1,2,3 (H0 - near harddisk cover (!))

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
I never even look at SPT for Toshiba. If the model and drive revision before the "/" is the same, it works.

I have 4 different MQ patient and all of them killed my donors. So I guessed MQ series has different matching criteria. And started to check SPT. Maybe all 4 patient has platter damage. Dont have platter excavator. Don't wantna try risky diy methods

adasrip

Hello.

The patient is a Toshiba MK5075GSX. It is difficult to find a fully compatible donor according to the label.
According to your experience, can I use MK5065GSX as a donor?
If not, do you know any other compatible model?

pclab

adasrip":cqmapebd said:
[post]17539[/post] Hello.

The patient is a Toshiba MK5075GSX. It is difficult to find a fully compatible donor according to the label.
According to your experience, can I use MK5065GSX as a donor?
If not, do you know any other compatible model?

Actually I'm also doing a job on the exact same drive, but I had an exact match.

You can try the 5065GSX, if you already have it, because Toshiba drives are very permissive.

lcoughey

I'm having a miserable time with an MQ01ABD100 AAH AC11/AX1R4C. It detects but can only read head 3 via utility, and with lots of errors. I've changed the heads with 4 different donors and not a single set would allow the drive to detect. I don't normally have this much trouble with Toshiba, but am thinking this is more of an issue with SMR than anything. I may have to order an identical model with all the numbers matching to be confident that it isn't just a compatibility issue.