Toshiba G003250A -----> G003138A

Sam

CANVIO2018":1lorpcbh said:
[post]10949[/post] What if I took the female connector off the new PCB, and re-soldered it onto the old board ? Would that work ?
Yes, of course.

LarrySabo

pclab":1hbelke2 said:
[post]10960[/post] Or even @larrysabo
He's from Canada too.

Thanks, Nuno! I did recoveries from a couple of Canvios sent to me from Guam, of all places. He somehow got he impression I know what I'm doing with PCB repairs. :shock:

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
CANVIO2018":1dmgugjq said:
[post]10949[/post] What if I took the female connector off the new PCB, and re-soldered it onto the old board ? Would that work ?
It might work, it just depends on whether the solder pads are still intact. Often they are ripped out of the board. Also, when it was originally ripped off, was the drive dropped? We usually find that with ripped off connecters there are also issues like failed heads, bad sectors, etc. Usually the same drop that rips off the USB header also causes other damage.

CANVIO2018

jared, no it wasn't dropped, but there was damage to the connector. I got someone to re-solder the damaged one back on but all I got was the white power light. No access to files.

Attachments

• IMG_20180705_133009.jpg
    IMG_20180705_133009.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 2,091

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
I can't see it very clearly in that picture, but from what I can see I'd say there's a very good chance that several of the gold solder pads and traces are ripped out of the PCB. It's quite rare to see a clean break of only the solder there.

Best option will be to carefully transfer the IC602 chip to the SATA board.

LarrySabo

Jared":2kf3p9sh said:
[post]10983[/post] I'd say there's a very good chance that several of the gold solder pads and traces are ripped out of the PCB
Ugh! Not to mention the solder bridges...
Canvio USB connector.jpg