Toshiba USB to SATA possibility

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Has anyone had much success going from native USB to SATA boards with Toshiba yet? And if so, what do you try and match between the boards?

I've got one here that's a board number: G003296A which I neither have, nor can find easily available. Since this is a bit of a rush job, I'm hoping to figure out something faster than shipping from China.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
I notice that some of this same model use USB PCB with board number G003250A. Anyone know if these are cross compatible? I do have one of them in stock.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Confirmed, they are cross compatible. Recovering data now. :D :D :D

Would still like to know about the possibility of swapping over to SATA though. I figure that some day I may have to build a virtual translator for one of these Canvios and will have to figure it out.

protech

Hi Jared,

I have a similar case of MK5075GUX. I need to convert it to a compatible SATA or move the ROM for better diagnosis. How did you manage yours?

Thanks

hddguy

MCU and Motor controller should match, if not after conversion heads will knock and drive cant come ready.

For example, 88i9317-RA12 (MCU) and ########### – TLS2602 should be the same.

jol

protech":2wohukce said:
Thanks hddguy,

So then i will just have to move the IC602 to the matching donor PCB?
Yes, and I think you need G002825A for replacement.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
I know that heads are cross compatible between the SATA and USB drives by just changing one letter in the model. I've yet to actually use a SATA board to replace a USB one though, in this particular case I used a slightly different USB board to replace the USB board which had fried, then used DDI to image.

But, I'm pretty sure if you match the model and just replace the U with an A the boards should work.