Data Recovery Advertisement

Hello Guys,

In recent times, I have tried making people know what services I can offer in terms of Data Recovery and the equipment(PC3000) at my disposal.. But it's quite difficult.

I know majority of Data Recovery Experts might have at some point have to make or place an advert..

Please I want to know how best to advertise my services without breaking the Bank as beginner.

Thank you.

pclab

I guess that a good website, facebook topics, mouth-to-mouth talk, calling some other PC stores is the way to go.
At least at the beginning, because if you start to get many drives and you can't work on all of them, it's also no good.

HaQue

Agree. I think you NEED a good looking website. All other forms of social media should point back to your website. You shouldn't plant your seeds in someone elses garden.. meaning don't rely on facebook to be a certain way because they are constantly doing things to their traffic algorithms, and experimenting. People see what fb wants them to see. Your website is the only thing you can count on having control of.

Starting out:
free community board notices
Online marketplaces (we have Gumtree.com.au)
Business cards dropped off
Joining mailing lists of relevant tech (you use your signature line wisely)

are examples of pretty much free advertising.

But what is going to stand out is your work. Don't give it away too much or you will attract the ones you don't want - people that expect hours of work for free and right NOW.

Now if only I heeded my own advice!

pclab

HaQue":9aul1mt7 said:
But what is going to stand out is your work. Don't give it away too much or you will attract the ones you don't want - people that expect hours of work for free and right NOW.

Now if only I heeded my own advice!

That's make 2 of us already ahahahha

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
I think we are all in that same boat. LoL. Problem is we are all the nice guys who got into this helping people, not exploiting them. Hard to turn it off, even when you really do need to make the money.

I've personally found that the biggest bang for your buck is to make a nice looking brochure, have about 10,000 printed up professionally, and get them out to all the computer repair shops within driving distance. And be sure to put a coupon in there for 5% off so they hold on to the brochure.

I still see brochures I made two years ago show up in customers hands when they walk in, so they do work.

Then i offer a reseller program to the actual repair shops and IT guys where they get 10-20% off jobs they bring in (so they can mark up).

Beyond that, just keep working on a good website as long term it can bring in the most results for your investment. Only issue is websites are the long game. It takes time to build them up and rank well in Google, but once you do, can get a lot of easy work.