Jared

Administrator
Staff member
So I'm working on the following drive:
Model : Hitachi HTS545025B9SA02
Serial : 100325PBL2003SHBJR9V
Firmware : PB2AC60W
Capacity : 232.89 GB (488 397 168)

Drive IDs perfectly, shows correct capacity, etc. But I have no sector access. I ran a check of the modules in the modules table and a number of modules come up with errors mostly all in the F copy. Copies 0 and 1 look to be fine except for a couple modules called WRT1 and WRT0 which can't be read. I checked the backed up resources of a number of this model that I had in my FW collection and none seem to have these modules. Does anyone know if they just don't normally get backed up?

Unfortunately I don't have one here now to check it...

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
I've tried reading the modules by composite too, but can't get them. Does anyone have these?

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Update: Ok, so I found a very similar model and confirmed that it doesn't by default back up those two modules unless you uncheck the box "skip non-critical modules".

Does anyone have a drive of this model & fw or a really close one that I can get a copy of the modules?

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Update: I actually found a very similar drive (same family, different model) which is working and it too can't read those modules. So I'm guessing they are non-critical. Which I guess raises more questions now than it gives answers... perhaps it's a PCB issue. :?:

jol

Jared":1dkqrv8e said:
Update: I actually found a very similar drive (same family, different model) which is working and it too can't read those modules.

just checked another drive i'm working on it right now model HTS545050B9A300
same thing, working HDD can't read those mod's.