Seagate Rosewood, recovery Without original Sys file

Hi
I have a St2000LM007 that taken to another DR company before me. and it seems they regen translator without backup sys files. and I access to about the first 300GB of drive and beyond that, access problem
so how is the chance to get data?

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
I've never tried it, but I understand there is a very time consuming process of manually rebuilding it by adding defects to the translator at the first untranslatable sector until you find then next chain of sectors that properly translate and continue repeating that until you have translated out all the needed sectors.

How much is your client willing to pay? I might know a guy with the experience to do it, but it'll have to be worth someone spending a LOT of time on it.

Jared":15gvh86b said:
I've never tried it, but I understand there is a very time consuming process of manually rebuilding it by adding defects to the translator at the first untranslatable sector until you find then next chain of sectors that properly translate and continue repeating that until you have translated out all the needed sectors.

How much is your client willing to pay? I might know a guy with the experience to do it, but it'll have to be worth someone spending a LOT of time on it.
Thanks for answer, I thought maybe an easy solution to this, There is an option in MRT that do this process automaticaly and I used it before but I dont know why that dont work in this hdd.