Missing files from folders

jchauhan

Hi guys i'm hoping someone can help me here,

i have an external portable hardrive its a WD passport 2tb drive. it was windows formatted but i was able to copy files on to it of a macbook through software like Macdrive, the hardrive worked fine and i had copied a bunch of files onto which opened fine, but around a week later when i tried to copy some more data to the drive i noticed that data in some of the folders had gone completely missing, :(

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Please keep in mind he's just advertising his own software. If the drive appears in explorer and shows the correct capacity then data recovery software may actually be a good option. Personally I'd recommend you try a demo of R-Studio by R-TT and see if it can scan the drive and find the files. But be aware that if it starts hitting bad areas of the disk it can't read, you should immediately shut it down.

Don't worry, is your drive stop usable now ? if it is, you should stop use it and google a nice recovery tool and download it. recovery tool will take the rest of it. Your files suppose can be recovered most of it. but you need a effective recovery tool and you definitely should back up your files this time after you retrive you files back successfully, I've found a bunch of recovery tool for you, but there is only one can recovery your files and can create Image ( Back up your whole drive ) and you should can recover your files just from the Image(the website address in the following), I am not familiar with this tool, but I think it can help you, Good luck
http://www.jihosoft.com/recovery/file-recovery.html