Can’t recover files after fresh Windows 10 reinstall

mwilcox1989

I upgraded from Home to Pro recently, and decided to do it via fresh install method. I didn’t think I needed any of the files from my previous Home install...I was sadly mistaken. My Pro install is fairly new. Maybe a few days. I’ve only installed a handful of programs. My previous Home install had a ton of files/programs, and I can’t seem to find even 1 file using data recovery software...I’ve used pro versions of Recuva, and EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard. They only show me files from my existing partitions. Is it really possible that I completely lost all files from my previous Windows Home partition?

My setup is:
NZXT N7 Z390 mobo
Samsung 850 Evo 500GB

I did have to install Win Pro in Legacy mode. After install, I converted disk to GPT so I can boot with UEFI. Would that affect anything? Also, Home had Intel RST enabled in BIOS, but after installing Pro, I had to switch to AHCI. I can’t boot with Intel RST anymore for some reason.

Sorry for the overload of information. If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Ignore that last reply (which I deleted) which was probably just a planned spam dump.

You are not finding anything because the installer deleted the data from an SSD (850 EVO) which supports a technology called T.R.I.M. I'm sorry to tell you that the data is permanently unrecoverable. Unlike HDDs, SSDs can erase data at an incredibly fast rate.