qwstion about Westen digital platter

Freakazoid

Probably a stupid question, but I try anyway. What type of screwdriver is needed too open the screws that are on the "plate lock". I tested with torx6-8 some screws getting good while some getting damage / round. It looks like torx in my eyes. This is a WD30EZRX-00MMMB0

Blizzard

Freakazoid":3m20jstb said:
Probably a stupid question, but I try anyway. What type of screwdriver is needed too open the screws that are on the "plate lock". I tested with torx6-8 some screws getting good while some getting damage / round. It looks like torx in my eyes. This is a WD30EZRX-00MMMB0
It should be a T7. I suspect you were using a T6 which would get the loose screws but strip on the difficult screws.
If your T8 fits then it's worn out :)

Freakazoid

Blizzard":s3ndk40f said:
[post]15493[/post]
Freakazoid":s3ndk40f said:
It should be a T7. I suspect you were using a T6 which would get the loose screws but strip on the difficult screws.
If your T8 fits then it's worn out :)

Hello. I did try with T7 but maybe my one was bad. i have bought a new today and will try again

Blizzard

Jared":35e0177m said:
The quality of your torx drivers can make a lot of difference in the small sizes. I've found many cheap sets to be incorrectly sized and can cause a lot of damage.
I agree, it's important to buy quality tools. I use Felo and Wiha brand for Torx drivers.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Is it the same iFixit brand though? There are some crummy knockoffs that look similar.

Freakazoid

Jared":1e4jbqbq said:
[post]15521[/post] Is it the same iFixit brand though? There are some crummy knockoffs that look similar.

Yes, it's iFixit's set. purchased at a local serious store.