Kingston Phison PS3108

pclab

Hi Guys

I have this SSD with PS3108.

When I try to create a translator witn FW loader 3.8, I get a message of L2P table missing.
With the other 2 loaders, I only get errors...
Any hints?? Loader not correct?

Thanks

Attachments

• SSD128.jpg
    SSD128.jpg
    826.6 KB · Views: 1,652
  • SSD 3.8.log.zip
    1.4 KB · Views: 98
  • SSD 7.2.log.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 102
  • SSD 8.3.log.zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 112

lcoughey

It could be that this one has a newer firmware version, making the ACE loaders outdated. Even if you don't have tech support with ACE, they will reply to questions on their tech support system (ts.acelaboratory.com). Maybe the MRT SSD will support it. :lol:

pclab

My MRT has gone already heheheh
Only PC3000 now.

How should I know wich fw loader is needed? Is there a way?

Shark.93

Hello, I have a Kingston A400 240GB [SA400S37/240G, native firmware on label: SBFK71B1] with the infamous SATAFIRM S11 problem, happened last week after 1,5 years of usage. I have backups of my data, so what I am looking for is to restore the health of the drive in order to keep using it; I don't care if the data is wiped in the process: I am prepared to reinstall the OS.

I have tried running repairS11 utility by vlo : when using a SATA-to-USB adapter phison_flash_id detects PS3108 Controller so the repair utility refuses to run; when using built-in SATA port on my Laptop (AHCI mode set in BIOS) the detected Controller is PS3111, the repair utility ends correctly with a success message, but the problem remains. What else can I do?

By any chance has anyone tried using PhisonToolBox v1.17? By all means I just want to exit from 'Safe Mode' state, restore 'Ready' state of the drive and just reinstall my operating system over it, I do not care about the data because I have backups.

Another user claimed he restored the same drive model using SBFKB1C3.zip (media.kingston.com) and s11-flasher 2.0 . Does this actually give a new life to the SSD (even if it erases the data) and will it void the remaining warranty of the unit?

[glow=red]Moderator edit:[/glow] I've removed some of the links thrown in this post. First posts that are jammed full of links appear spammy, to say the least.

Attachments

• phison_flash_id.txt
    3.6 KB · Views: 121

pclab

At the prices that new SSD are right now, I wouldn't spend too much on trying to repair a drive that already failed. You should check WHY it failed. Even if you can restore it, most probably you will have bad flash chips ending you to get a bad drive again.