WD drive. Sectors read fine in sector edit but not data extractor?

datahaze

I have a WD10EZEX-60WN4A0 on the bench with some annoying imaging issues. In PC-3000 Marvell utility I can read all sectors flawlessly using "sector edit" but in Data Extractor there are many red sectors even after upping timeout. Even sectors which timeout in data extractor work fine in sector edit in the utility!

I tried doing "read from utility" but I'm getting the same results. Both copies of all modules in SA are working perfectly. What is happening? Suggestions of what to try next? Am I missing something really obvious?

Heads test perfectly in SA menu of utility as well, and slow responding fix has been applied in SA.

Sam

I've had this problem too but just can't remember exactly what the solution was. You might try starting over with DE--creating a new task, new heads map.

datahaze

pclab":2l4wjo1z said:
Aren't you getting an error on WRITING on the destination??

Ooh good idea to check but I don't think so, other DE tasks aren't have trouble writing to that disk and I just gave it a full surface scan a few days ago. I would not have thought of this as a culprit though, I would assume DE would throw some terrifying error if it couldn't write to the target disk.

pclab

Sometimes, we don't look at the log eheheh (it happened to me some times, when I use destination drives connected over USB).