HFS RAW Repair or recovery

nissimezra

Hi friends

I have a corrupted macbook partition to recover. The drive is good no bad sectors but I did clone it just in case.

Any tips on how to repair mac partition? Or
Which program are you using to recover RAW?

Cheers

nissimezra

No not encrypted , corrupted. He took it to apple and they tried to repair it. I tried with R-studio but couldn't find anything on the drive. some system files.
Any thoughts?

lcoughey

In Mac OS, DataRescue seems to be the best with Apple file systems. Within Windows, I'd go with Iurii's suggestion of UFS Explorer.

nissimezra

lcoughey":1bg3ps8c said:
In Mac OS, DataRescue seems to be the best with Apple file systems. Within Windows, I'd go with Iurii's suggestion of UFS Explorer.
Thank you Luc. Couldn't get anything with R-studio but when I cloned the drive with HDDSuperclone seems to have lots of data.
I think @pclab is right about the encryption, The drive is probably encrypted.

So in this case I must repair his macbook first. Proper long.

Any way to decrypt mac?

lcoughey

UFS explorer supports Apple encryption, too. But, you won't get anywhere without the encryption key.

nissimezra

lcoughey":1y9cdnf2 said:
UFS explorer supports Apple encryption, too. But, you won't get anywhere without the encryption key.
Ok thank you, he should have the password I'll try to repair it and put the hdd in.
I'll et you know once finished.

nissimezra

pclab":2qxsmu3n said:
Maybe encrypted... no?
Wow you were right. I repaired the Macbook put the drive in and it booted.
When I connected the drive to another mac it showed the the drive cannot be recognized by the OS.
Wired, I had another drive that I couldn't read (unulocated) when but to another mac it asked for the password, once I provided the password it was readable.
Thank you for your help

nissimezra

lcoughey":2zi9ni4h said:
Thank you, for sure I'll have one of this.
Wonder what type of encryption it had, I never had problem unlock mac with another mac.

Many thx