Seagate Barracuda firmwarw

menyelson

Hello mother-in-law has HDD Seagate Barracuda 1500gb SN: W241CJ4R Model: ST 1500DM003 FW: CC24 HDD is about 4 years old after the warranty period
Seagate 1500gb has stopped working after a HDD power failure. The drive cannot be assigned a letter on the HDD and the drive cannot initialize writes an error The device could not be found.
Bios HDD does not see but the operating system Windows 10 and. It used an external docking station for 3.5 "Sata HDD, the disk was not read in bios but found it operating system Win 10.
The cmd or diskpart command line patch does not work, announcing that no disk has been selected or any other software such as Minitool partition wizard or Get data back is not working.
I tried HDD in 3 computers or via Linux, I changed cables but nothing helped.
She had some photos, mp3s, mp4s that she would like to restore and every week she comes to bother me if I fixed it.
The disk had a repairman at the repair he said that everything is inside the HDD and the problem will probably be in the firmware.
I need advice where to download the firmware or how to reset it.On Seagate support site to find the firmware can not find that there is no newer firmware.
Thank you in advance for any advice to solve the firmware problem.

pclab

If you had a power failure, have you checked the PCB?
Does the drive spins and remains spinning?
Don't try to update firmware or what else you are thinking of. It should be properly diagnosed first with proper tools.
Have you asked for a recovery price on a lab? Maybe it's not so expensive...