offline source drive

pc3000

what is that mean?
0wwmoyzilqvn.jpg

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
It changes the last byte of data in the MBR from AA (active) to BB (offline). If the source drive is "offline'd" windows won't try to mount it, but data recovery software can still work with it just fine.

Sam

Jared":3f4sjjmc said:
[post]14116[/post] It changes the last byte of data in the MBR from AA (active) to BB (offline).

Are you sure? I think the box the OP asks about changes the source to "offline" in Windows Disk Management but doesn't write anything to the source. I may be wrong but that box might only pop up when source isn't connected to a PC3k port, like when using a flash drive in a USB port as source. You may be thinking of when you check the box "modify MBR" which makes the AA to BB change to the destination drive.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Sam":3dujwl91 said:
Jared":3dujwl91 said:
[post]14116[/post] It changes the last byte of data in the MBR from AA (active) to BB (offline).

Are you sure? I think the box the OP asks about changes the source to "offline" in Windows Disk Management but doesn't write anything to the source. I may be wrong but that box might only pop up when source isn't connected to a PC3k port, like when using a flash drive in a USB port as source. You may be thinking of when you check the box "modify MBR" which makes the AA to BB change to the destination drive.
You're right, that is what I was thinking. Not totally sure what that option does.

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk