Google Adwords banned data recovery services

nissimezra

I just received an email from google that Data Recovery keywords were added to restrictions to ads for third-party technical support providers.

This will have big impact on small data recovery shop

Here is the email

Hello Google Advertiser,

We wanted to alert you that one or more of your ads or keywords have been disapproved. Unfortunately, we won't be able to show your ads on Google, our search partners or on Display Network placements until you edit your ads or keywords to make them compliant with our policies.

If this is an error, we want to get your ads back up and running as quickly as possible, and your Google team is here to help. Below you'll find the reason why your ads or keywords have been disapproved, and a Problem Report that includes details about which ads or keywords have been disapproved and what you can do to fix them (if possible).

Disapproval Reason

Third-party consumer technical support: See the policy: https://support.google.com/adspolicy/answer/6368711#691

Problem Report

----------------------------------------------
Campaign: 'Data recovery,' Ad Group: 'Data recovery group'
----------------------------------------------

Ad Text:

Affordable Data recovery
Get your data back now
Get your photos, memories, documents back now, No data no fees Call now

Ad Status: Disapproved
Ad Issue(s): Third-party consumer technical support

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
As someone who doesn't rely on PPC AdWords at all, and has actually focused primarily on organic search results, I must say that I'm quite happy about this change. Now companies in California can't just buy results above the organic results I've worked hard to get. :D

nissimezra

Jared":ev3nplxn said:
As someone who doesn't rely on PPC AdWords at all, and has actually focused primarily on organic search results, I must say that I'm quite happy about this change. Now companies in California can't just buy results above the organic results I've worked hard to get. :D

I'm happy for you and me, I couldn't afford paying 10$ for a click. But there are many people that built their business on that and even google rep built the ads for them, to receive an email like this on something they built.....

On the other hand I had many customers that were scammed from computer repair and even non local data recovery.

lcoughey

I'd like to think that this is better for the smaller shops. Focus on your local market and work out from there.

pcn

Same here in Germany now (started a few weeks ago) but some "big" companies are left in top position with ads. I hope google will clean this up (also some known scam ads are shown). But atm I am also happy with this change as these ads where a pip-off for smaller shops.