Micro Sd issues

Why the micro sd card did not show data after scanning?
Reason small sector unable scan via only software it mean hardware required or other reason?

Sent from my RMX1801 using Tapatalk

lcoughey

May I suggest you actually provide details about a case, rather than jumping right into the questions?

What is the brand, model and capacity of the card?
What is the reported problem with the card?
Does it detect with the correct capacity?
What do the sectors look like in an editor? (Screenshot)
Is the card encrypted?

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
It's impossible for us to know without more details. Was it spitting out bad sector errors? Are the sectors all reading zeros or FF, there are a million things that could be going on and each case is different.

lcoughey":1tzue0ja said:
May I suggest you actually provide details about a case, rather than jumping right into the questions?

What is the brand, model and capacity of the card?
What is the reported problem with the card?
Does it detect with the correct capacity?
What do the sectors look like in an editor? (Screenshot)
Is the card encrypted?
Not a single card i have many cases bt results same. All cases are formatted via phone

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Some phones have the option to encrypt the SD card. So it could be that you're looking at encrypted data.

Jared":msrutcg8 said:
It's impossible for us to know without more details. Was it spitting out bad sector errors? Are the sectors all reading zeros or FF, there are a million things that could be going on and each case is different.
Just a normal case if a guy format a card via phone that scan via software anyone
It do'nt shows any data

lcoughey

mayanksharmaggc":1el5zmhl said:
Not a single card i have many cases bt results same. All cases are formatted via phone
It is entirely possible that the cards formatted in the phones were also encrypted by the phone. But, we'd still need to know why the card is being brought to you for data recovery? Did the card fail? Does the card report that it wants to be formatted? Did the user already format it? Did the user delete files?

lcoughey":7dq8thr2 said:
mayanksharmaggc":7dq8thr2 said:
It is entirely possible that the cards formatted in the phones were also encrypted by the phone. But, we'd still need to know why the card is being brought to you for data recovery? Did the card fail? Does the card report that it wants to be formatted? Did the user already format it? Did the user delete files?
Card for data recovery.
Accidentally format card

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Open the data of the card up in some hex editor and scroll up and down. Do you actually see data? Do you see any plain text you can read anywhere? Do you see all zeros or all the same repeating pattern?

Jared":sna4j165 said:
Open the data of the card up in some hex editor and scroll up and down. Do you actually see data? Do you see any plain text you can read anywhere? Do you see all zeros or all the same repeating pattern?
I will tell next day