Hubble LT 500Gb 2 heads (H0,H1)

Hi

The drive comes with dead heads,replaced with good donor

Cloned all data on H1 at 90MB speed with zero bad sector count

The problem is with H0, it's working 15 days ago the cloning speed extremely slow around 40KB,
Dismounted the heads and looked over microscope it's super clean the filter also clean
Installed new fresh donor heads(same thing)
I know some of you will suggest platters surface damage
I don't think so because
1. Spinning sound is soft
2.heads are clean
3. 0 skipped sector's
4. The imagging speed is constant on H0 does not getting better or worse at all platters locations

Do I miss something??!!

Thank in advance

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Sam

Did you test the donor before swapping heads (always a good practice)? If not, looking at the imaging speed of H0 with the heads back in the donor would tell you a lot. I'm sure we've all received donors that are not exactly in pristine condition.

lcoughey

I've had a hubble and hubble lt this week and both needed head changes. That said, even with the donor heads, at least one of the two would read extremely slow, with errors. I've tried multiple donors, but they all reassemble and read fine. MicroJogs don't make a difference either. I think these drives really just suck and are likely very fussy about the donor heads.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Just as a test, set the DE task to do a recalibration on all read errors or read timeouts. I've seen some cases where a slow reading head finally started to read better after a few thousand recalibrations. It might never read full speed, but if you could even get it up to a couple Mb/s would be more reasonable.

lcoughey":2bzrl90c said:
I've had a hubble and hubble lt this week and both needed head changes. That said, even with the donor heads, at least one of the two would read extremely slow, with errors. I've tried multiple donors, but they all reassemble and read fine. MicroJogs don't make a difference either. I think these drives really just suck and are likely very fussy about the donor heads.
Thanks Luke

That's the answer I was looking for

So I am suck with the current speed? Or there is any suggestion.
I swapped 3 donor heads without any progress in speed

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

ghimpe--

lcoughey":2kruuike said:
MicroJogs don't make a difference either.

What software are you using to read/modify microjogs values? I am trying to identify the microjogs value location in the SPI memory bin.