Dust particle Measuring Device

harish

Hello sir,
I am planning to buy dust particle measuring device , for my clean cabin , kindly suggest which one to buy .

Thanks

Harish

LarrySabo

The Dylos DC1100 Pro seems to be commonly accepted as good enough. It measures hundreds of 0.5 and 2.5 micron particles per cubic foot. Don't make the mistake I made and buy one that measures thousands of particles per cubic foot as it doesn't have the resolution to know if your chamber meets the class 100 standard or not.

LarrySabo

pclab":mi45igff said:
[post]12626[/post] Larry, the one you bought doesn't make the necessary readings??
No, it reads thousands of particles per cubic foot, so no way to measure 100 particles per square foot. That would be 0.1 on the display but the display doesn't read to tenths, just units. Lowest non-zero reading would be 1, i.e., 1000 perticles per square foot. A zero reading could mean 900 so that's not good enough. I sold my unit to someone with a woodworking shop concerned about particulate concentrations. For him, it's fine.

lcoughey

LarrySabo":1p6k23pt said:
pclab":1p6k23pt said:
[post]12626[/post] Larry, the one you bought doesn't make the necessary readings??
No, it reads thousands of particles per cubic foot, so no way to measure 100 particles per square foot. That would be 0.1 on the display but the display doesn't read to tenths, just units. Lowest non-zero reading would be 1, i.e., 1000 perticles per square foot. A zero reading could mean 900 so that's not good enough. I sold my unit to someone with a woodworking shop concerned about particulate concentrations. For him, it's fine.
So, you were duped with your Dylos refurb on E-Bay? That sucks.

LarrySabo

lcoughey":38hiq1ni said:
No, I was a victim of my poor reading comprehension. The item was clearly stated to measure thousands of particles per cubic foot at 0.5 micron sensitivity and Dylos confirmed that that was it's correct spec, that they did indeed refurbish the unit to spec, and that the seller was an honourable reseller of their. Nobody's fault but my own.

lcoughey

LarrySabo":s4s4sxd2 said:
lcoughey":s4s4sxd2 said:
No, I was a victim of my poor reading comprehension. The item was clearly stated to measure thousands of particles per cubic foot at 0.5 micron sensitivity and Dylos confirmed that that was it's correct spec, that they did indeed refurbish the unit to spec, and that the seller was an honourable reseller of their. Nobody's fault but my own.
Still sucks. I am sure that they do it that way to make it look better than it is. I still stand by my statement that you were duped.