derarshuli
Data Recovery Noob
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:03 pm

Phone Recovery

Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:57 pm

Hi there I am new here any solutions for damaged phone's recovery such as water drop, no power

Sent from my Lenovo P1ma40 using Tapatalk

User avatar
Jared
Forum Admin
Posts: 3581
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:32 pm
Location: Providence, RI
Contact: Website Facebook Twitter Skype YouTube Google+

Phone Recovery

Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:13 pm

It all depends on the specific phone model. For some it's possible via jtag, others by direct reading of the eMMC memory chip. Many others are pretty much impossible due to hardware-level encryption, unless the phone can be fixed.

Honestly, phone recovery is not a route you want to go. It's a messy time wasting business. Better to steer clear of it.

derarshuli
Data Recovery Noob
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:03 pm

Phone Recovery

Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:20 pm

Thanks. I think as you say its waste of time
Jared wrote:It all depends on the specific phone model. For some it's possible via jtag, others by direct reading of the eMMC memory chip. Many others are pretty much impossible due to hardware-level encryption, unless the phone can be fixed.

Honestly, phone recovery is not a route you want to go. It's a messy time wasting business. Better to steer clear of it.


Sent from my Lenovo P1ma40 using Tapatalk

ambren
Data Recovery Noob
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:49 am

Phone Recovery

Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:53 am

its is very good and amazing for everyone
i agree with you
Thanks you so much

User avatar
nissimezra
Data Recovery Novice
Posts: 130
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:40 pm
Location: Montreal
Contact: Website

Phone Recovery

Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:17 pm

Jared wrote:It all depends on the specific phone model. For some it's possible via jtag, others by direct reading of the eMMC memory chip. Many others are pretty much impossible due to hardware-level encryption, unless the phone can be fixed.

Honestly, phone recovery is not a route you want to go. It's a messy time wasting business. Better to steer clear of it.


Jared that's the future of DR. No more mechanical issue or swapping boards, You need to fix the device electronic level to get the data out.

The problem is; to replace the part that is shorted\bad without messing out other part when soldering. Finding the faulty part is one thing (not easy) replacing it is another big problem.
I do data recovery from phone and tablets. Sometimes it's one shorted cap, but if it's a chip it very very hard to replace.
There is a big learning curve here.

User avatar
Jared
Forum Admin
Posts: 3581
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:32 pm
Location: Providence, RI
Contact: Website Facebook Twitter Skype YouTube Google+

Phone Recovery

Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:59 am

nissimezra wrote:Source of the post There is a big learning curve here.


It's more than just the learning curve. There's also the economics factor. People are rarely willing to pay what it should cost for phone data recovery to get back what's stored on their phone. So 90% of the time you're wasting your time trying to figure out what's wrong only to have the customer reject the quote once you're able to provide one. There's a place for this in the forensics field, where a government agency is usually paying for it, but in commercial data recovery, it's often far more trouble than it's worth.

User avatar
nissimezra
Data Recovery Novice
Posts: 130
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:40 pm
Location: Montreal
Contact: Website

Phone Recovery

Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:04 am

Jared wrote:
nissimezra wrote:Source of the post There is a big learning curve here.


It's more than just the learning curve. There's also the economics factor. People are rarely willing to pay what it should cost for phone data recovery to get back what's stored on their phone. So 90% of the time you're wasting your time trying to figure out what's wrong only to have the customer reject the quote once you're able to provide one. There's a place for this in the forensics field, where a government agency is usually paying for it, but in commercial data recovery, it's often far more trouble than it's worth.

It's not about phones, it's all the data recovery industry will change. A faulty part on ssd like msata will be very hard to repair for experienced technicians, parts are getting smaller and smaller. 10 years from now many data recovery company's will start to close or re adapt to the market.

User avatar
Jared
Forum Admin
Posts: 3581
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:32 pm
Location: Providence, RI
Contact: Website Facebook Twitter Skype YouTube Google+

Phone Recovery

Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:52 pm

nissimezra wrote:Source of the post 10 years from now many data recovery company's will start to close or re adapt to the market.


That's my plan. I'm going to ride the HDD train as long as it's moving forward, then close up the data recovery business before they die off. Or maybe someone will want to buy the brand before then, who knows. I find mobile devices, flash, and SSDs are more headache for less profit. Someone else can do that rat race. I'll probably move into web design or something I can do from home in my pajamas after this gig is up. ;)

User avatar
nissimezra
Data Recovery Novice
Posts: 130
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:40 pm
Location: Montreal
Contact: Website

Phone Recovery

Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:00 pm

Jared wrote:
nissimezra wrote:Source of the post 10 years from now many data recovery company's will start to close or re adapt to the market.


That's my plan. I'm going to ride the HDD train as long as it's moving forward, then close up the data recovery business before they die off. Or maybe someone will want to buy the brand before then, who knows. I find mobile devices, flash, and SSDs are more headache for less profit. Someone else can do that rat race. I'll probably move into web design or something I can do from home in my pajamas after this gig is up. ;)


That's why I don't want to invest in pc3k 6k, Some SSD started to popup it'll increase with time, the prices are going down, 250 gig is now under 50$, now not many will buy hdd for the OS
Web design and web marketing is the future and it's getting more and more demanded however even webdesign got killed by builders like wix and more. Wix almost building the site for you. yes its slow but still usable for most of small businesses like mine. I started with wix and worked just fine.
Online advertising is a good way to go I think.

Whatever you'll do good luck

User avatar
Jared
Forum Admin
Posts: 3581
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:32 pm
Location: Providence, RI
Contact: Website Facebook Twitter Skype YouTube Google+

Phone Recovery

Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:59 am

nissimezra wrote:Source of the post Wix almost building the site for you. yes its slow but still usable for most of small businesses like mine. I started with wix and worked just fine.


For a small coffee shop or computer repair shop that only gets local business, sure, something like Wix is fine. But, some companies need to be able to compete in a larger market and need a better SEO website with more frills than you can get with those sort of builders. I started off my website using Weebly (similar but pre Wix) but I quickly found it wasn't adequate to compete in data recovery where companies on the other side of the country were beating me even for local keywords. So now I've got a website, blog, forum, online store, etc. to prove my relavence to Google.

Return to “Phones, Tablets, and Other Device Data Recovery”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests