Compatible for smart hot swapping

slingshot

This job is turning into a monster.

Got a WD10JMVW-11AJGS3 (DCM:EHMT2BNB) and need to find a comparable donor but I can't find one with the exact matching DCM.

Its looking like Ive got to do a smart hot swap but don't know it I can get away with a slightly different match or not.

Any help appreciated :)

IMG_0841.JPG

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Really? I think they can be done, I've definitely done it with families later than Sadle G6. I think you've just got to be sure that your SA regions match in the ROM (which they often don't). But, regardless of that, it's usually unnecessary to do SHS on these because they've typically got 4 copies of the SA. So it's just a matter of getting one of them fixed up well enough to initialize the drive and subbing out the bad copies. So needing SHS is just very uncommon with these newer drives.

As to compatibility, it's just matching the family and SA regions in ROM. It really doesn't even matter if the DCM is the same at all for SHS.

pclab

Jared":17ym004j said:
[post]11753[/post] Really? I think they can be done, I've definitely done it with families later than Sadle G6.

This info was given to me by ACE support because of a case I had some time ago....

pclab":3ncpom38 said:
Jared":3ncpom38 said:
[post]11753[/post] Really? I think they can be done, I've definitely done it with families later than Sadle G6.

This info was given to me by ACE support because of a case I had some time ago....

Well,
According To Them You Cannot Get a Drive Working If You Physically Cut a Head :D .How many of you know this is wrong information ,I do this daily