Head compatibility

gautam sood

Dear seniors I have seagate st31000333as drive, part number 9fz136-568,fw sd35, site code SU and product of China preamp ID is 72 21. Please any one tell or guide me which compatible heads are working on it.
c6b8717b4fbc9bde4da84bc3864d4144.jpg
feebd1cf43e72f8e42b9d3d8ffd6ab96.jpg

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Generally speaking, you need to match the model, the part number up until the hyphen, and the 2nd & 3rd digits of the serial number. Then go with the closest date code you can find (preferably within a couple months).

Then, once you have the donor, check if the preamp type is also "72" in terminal to confirm that it's the same (sometimes it isn't). The second byte "21" really doesn't matter, it's only the first byte that's important.

gautam sood

Jared":hhk5uhko said:
Generally speaking, you need to match the model, the part number up until the hyphen, and the 2nd & 3rd digits of the serial number. Then go with the closest date code you can find (preferably within a couple months).

Then, once you have the donor, check if the preamp type is also "72" in terminal to confirm that it's the same (sometimes it isn't). The second byte "21" really doesn't matter, it's only the first byte that's important.
Thanks sir

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk