Recovery Explorer Now support APFS with Encryption.. but

I have a Standard Licence that doesn't support Encrypted APFS, but noticed the Professional Version does, with the recent update. I think the Standard Licence is just too limited in functionality, I have asked if my Licence can be upgraded to Professional, but no response so far.
The software is gradually becoming my first option for logical recovery, it's very very good.

LarrySabo

I was surprised to receive an e-mail indicating that the program will no longer work if the license is not renewed when it comes due in a week's time.
We're sending this message to remind you that Recovery Explorer Standard (for Windows) - Commercial License subscription will expire on 2019-04-24. You will not be able to continue using your product unless you renew your subscription before its expiration date.
Their terms, here, say otherwise:
According to the Commercial License you are allowed to install and use the Software on one computer owned by you as a legal entity, company or organization and running one of the supported operating systems for an unlimited period of time.
It's common to be limited to updates of the current version during the warranty period but this e-mail says it will cease to function. :shock:

Anyone else encounter this?

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Mine expired sometime back and it still works fine. I think they just mean you can't get updates. They've never shut it off and I usually only renew when there's a major update I really want.

Iurii

Hello,
Sorry for misunderstanding.
Originally in email message have to be: "You will not be able to continue updating your product unless you renew your subscription before its expiration date."
Yes, license is "unlimited period of time" but only 360 days of updates.
Please ask questions.

LarrySabo

Thanks for the replies. @Iuril, the message I received clearly says "You will not be able to continue using your product unless you renew your subscription before its expiration date." It struck me as almost an extortion -- a very unfortunate typo.

Iurii

Wrong template of email was used. 2ChekOut have some default template of Renewal emails. And this template was not customized as have to. So yes, human error of our team (SysDev Laboratories).

LarrySabo

@Iurii, these things happen with everyone from time to time, given that we are human. I really like R-Explorer and will renew my subscription.