ReadJournalLog SSHD Error

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
So I've worked on a number of Seagate SSHDs, but most have all been the typical cases(bad heads, stuck heads, bad sectors, etc.).

This is the first case where I'm pretty certain I'll need to replace this PCB with a donor board.

Here's what I'm getting in terminal:
Code:
 ALFRecorder: 
   ReadJournalLog
   ReadJournalLog
   ReadJournalLog
   ReadJournalLog
   ReadJournalLog

It's my understanding that this indicates failure for the PCB to communicate with the NAND or possibly a failed NAND. I saw this from NextGen on HDDGuru:

It was clear issue is due to broken communication between flash and hdd.
We copied both patient and Donor rom first.
Then written patient rom on donor pcb.
Disk was detected under julius1 family in Seagate utility.
CAP RAP SAP flags were put off and then after next power on cycle disk was detected like any normal disk with full access to HDD part only.
Here is some complexity. Customer has written data on flash part as well ( flash part is very small only 3gb in size)
Unfortunately flahs partition is missing alongwith crucial data.
We are working to solve this issue now and to make flash appear.
I cant send PM due to some technical issue. Pls. excuse. However I will post update on flash part as well.
If anyone has some experience to share , pls. share which will be useful to all

Am I correct in assuming he's talking about just transferring RAP + CAP + SAP from donor PCB into patient ROM code, then writing that to the donor PCB? Or am I misunderstanding what he's saying?

jol

Jared":27txo65s said:
[post]10767[/post] Am I correct in assuming he's talking about just transferring RAP + CAP + SAP from donor PCB into patient ROM code, then writing that to the donor PCB?
thats what I understand 2

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
OK, looks like his "solution" only works in some cases, but I've found a better way by reading everything I could on several forums.

I'll post the process in the secrets section. Pretty easy actually. :D

Case solved.