How long was your biggest recovery?

pclab

Hey guys

What was your longest recovery?? 1 week? 2 weeks? 1 month?

I'm imaging a ShrekLT 2TB here, for more than a month and counting ahhahaha
Slowly I'm getting there.

LarrySabo

I think mine was about a week. How can you afford to tie up an imager for a month, unless you have multiple or so very little business (which I doubt)? ,,, or can stop the job when the imager is needed for another job then restart it when it would otherwise be dormant. Personally, I find it difficult to sleep while an imaging job is running all night.

pclab

Hi Larry

I have 6 Imaging slots, so, not a big problem.
But, as you, I also don't like to let them work during the night (even during lunch time ahahahah), but we can't be babysitting them all the time.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
I had one go almost two months. It was a Hitachi. Could only read at a single block size and took about 3 retries per block, but was reading consistantly.

I usually dedicate my DDI to cases like that while keeping my PC3000 channels clear.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

lcoughey

For us, this is quite common to have at least one project running in the background for at least a few months.

jimmy

Our longest is about 1 month, find Micro SD layout and ECC...... finally, we get almost 95% of the file, but not the one that customer wanted.... :cry:

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Right now i've got an 8Gb flash drive that I've been re-reading bad NAND blocks for about three weeks. Despite only having about 50Mb of unread blocks left, nearly every file is affected by a few bad sectors still.