TOSHIBA 500 GB 3.5" SATA

betty

TOSHIBA 500 GB 3.5" SATA is initially making clicking sound. So i thought may be head issue. But when i change PCB , hdd is smoothly running without any sound , but no ID & Capacity. then I change the original NVRAM to Donor pcb. after that again hdd start the clicking sound.

then i again checked the pcb(donor pcb+ patient Nvram) to another hdd. there also , hdd making clicking sound. All this episode one thing is common. ie patient's NVRAM.
I think NVRAM is corrupted.

Any one have faced this kind of problem, pls share the solution.

Model: Toshiba 500gb, HDKPC05A0A02 S

Betty

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Location of SA can vary depending on what's specified in NVRAM. Very likely your patient drive has damage in an area of the SA that isn't used by the donor drive so it's not attempting to read there (thus not clicking). Once you move the NVRAM over it's again trying to read the damaged spot.

I highly doubt it's a corrupt NVRAM issue. If it were it's unlikely the drive would even spin up.

Do you know for sure that both drives have the same head map?

betty

thanks Jared

Yes i am sure both HDD s Head map is same. Same model and make everything. The same problem I am facing with another 1tb toshiba HDD.

betty

Blizzard

betty":7xvbqsob said:
TOSHIBA 500 GB 3.5" SATA is initially making clicking sound. So i thought may be head issue. But when i change PCB...
You have a clicking Toshiba and think the heads are bad so you have changed the PCB? Why not change the heads?

betty

In the 1tb Toshiba Ist i changed the Heads. After that the same sound. So in this 500 gb i changed the pcb and the spinning is ok. but when i transfer the NVRAM,, hdd making the sound

betty

jol

asking or saying

this is the point of a LDR doesnt it ?
you cant access the drive on its own, and use a LDR no ?