WaveApps Wave Accounting Ruined by Latest 2018 Update

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
So around Nov-Dec of 2017 I started playing around with Wave Accounting as a possible alternative to using Quickbooks for my bookkeeping software. I immediately loved it. It could download all my PayPal transactions properly. I could upload or even just email receipts and it linked them with the PayPal transactions on it's own. It was a beautiful system.

So, since I'd just been messing around creating fake transactions and whatnot, I decided to just close my account and create a new one Jan 1st to make the switch. And what I find is appalling. They've completely gutted all the useful features. [shadow=blue]It's utter garbage now.[/shadow]

They've added an Accounting tab to replace the original banking system. Receipts are no longer able to be linked to transactions. If you do make the mistake of uploading any receipts they now create duplicate entries in the journal and throw off all the balances. Entire menus and features that used to be there are just missing. Reporting is missing most necessary tax forms. It is nothing like what I used just two months ago.

Any Wave users out there who are infuriated like I am about these changes? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Anyone know of other alternatives? I'm sick and tired of Intuit Quickbooks money grabbing politics. Xero doesn't support RI Payroll. I'm just looking for any valid alternatives here that can just balance the books for two bank accounts, categorize transactions, maybe upload receipts and run payroll. That's it.