Good Places to Link Build for Data Recovery

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Given how competitive data recovery is I know a lot of us have been forced to become SEO guru's as well as data recovery pros. I know I'm constantly on the prowl for places to drop the occasional link to a page for SEO. So I just thought I'd share some of the places I've been able to get good quality do follow links which seem to help SEO.

www.hddguru.com (obviously) - Interestingly I've noticed that when you change your signature, it retroactively changes it in all past posts. Not sure if all phpBB forums do this. So you can't build a lot of diversity, but can certainly get a lot of links for some keywords you really want to compete for.

www. anandtech. com - Moderators here are a bunch of fascist Nazi pigs who will flag you for everything you do (especially if it's actual useful advice you give). So I wouldn't advise trying to help anyone on there. However some of the strongest links in my profile are from the off topic section of their forum. So I'd say just throw in a simple signature link, and make an occasional random comment in there. I've also notice that if you use the signature, you actually get two links from each post.

http://www.technibble.com - I know Luke has had a lot of fun with some of the moderators here (personally I haven't experienced it). But, there's quite a bit of data recovery related topics that come up. Links aren't as strong as some other forums, but not bad either.

http://www.wikipedia.org - Don't bother trying to create an article about your company or yourself on there (will get deleted quick by someone with nothing better to do). However I've found that you can get some quality links that stick if you write reviews on your site of things like data recovery programs which already have established articles. Then post a link to your review in a "reviews" section. Just be sure to keep the review upbeat or the company who make the software will likely delete the entry. You can see my review link under the GetDataBack article.

If any of you know of other good places to link build, please do share.

lcoughey

You could also broaden your scope and get involved with forums which target SEO

http://www.webproworld.com/ - I haven't been active on this forum in years, but just noticed that I have some pretty solid links from them from past discussions.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Oh yes, I forgot this one.
www.weebly.com/blog/
Amazing SEO quality links (actually my top 3 link juice producing), especially if you post a comment early on new blog posts so they aren't too far down on the page.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
I deleted Tom's Hardware from the list because I just got banned on there (again).

I guess they really don't tolerate when you put actually helping people above following their "forum rules" which apparently prohibits even mentioning in a private message another forum where the answer can be found. I'm done using their forum for good now, bunch of idiots if you ask me.

And I unlinked the technibble one because they are owned by Tom's and I don't want to send any SEO juice to their sites.

LarrySabo

Jared":24pj00mt said:
And I unlinked the technibble one because they are owned by Tom's and I don't want to send any SEO juice to their sites.
Really? Citation, please? Technibble allows signatures that I always thought helped with SEO, although I have never verified that. I know Luke posts there and is well received (so long as the promos are not too blatant or frequent, LOL).

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Edit: I meant to say anandtech(dot)com not technibble. They are alright there. It's anandtech that is owned by Tom's hardware. And I've been banned from both sites for "spamming" when I tried pointing people to useful information that would help them.

They seem to think that you should never link to a post on any other forum except theirs because it'll make them lose members. We'll guess what, it's backfiring because I won't use any forum owned by Tom's hardware again and their users can all take advise from some 13yo kid who works at Taco Bell and thinks he knows the solution instead. :D