My Passport 2TB Strange Case...

I have this WD20NMVW-11AV3S3, 2TB My Passport.
After converting to SATA, I got ROM F/W... NOT_INIT from log (Image attached)
The Drive keeps spinning, no Model, Serial and F/W.

I tried writing ROM Via Boot ROM, and Also physically transferred it, still the same result..

Has anyone experienced this kind of case in the past...?? Please see attached image.

Attachments

• Captu.JPG
    Captu.JPG
    57.1 KB · Views: 1,901

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Perhaps you should also post the ROM code so we can look at it or try it on a PCB ourselves.

Thanks Luke..

But why is the ROM Version saying NOT_INIT ?
The Drive keeps spinning which shows Heads are still good to the best of my knowledge, or is the ROM bad ?

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
I actually already took a look remotely and it is indeed a mystery. ROM on USB board shows correct ROM revision, but on a SATA board it's like it's only loading half the ROM modules. ROM revision does indeed show NOT_Init instead of the version. My initial thought was that it wasn't a good read of the ROM, but I read it again myself using boot ROM code, wrote it to a SATA PCB using boot ROM code as well, but same result.

When I get in the office tomorrow maybe I'll try writing the ROM code to a few different revision PCBs I have and see if it's just something related to the PCB hardware revision or something like that.

jol

After flashing the ROM to the SATA PCB, can you read the ROM from the SATA PCB and upload here ?