interesting how ACE kept the HDD heads

it could be the donors heads ?? or just accessory for footage ??

ATTACH]

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Seems that would be an awful lot of work to go through to just decorate the background. Perhaps they are heads they've kept just based on WD families and they just compare the topography and try them if they look correct.

LoboX

I think is decoration :shock: cause those are a lot of heads, i see heads are no separated.

lcoughey

You need not keep heads separated, other than the annoying times when they stick together...nothing good comes from it. I've certainly thought about just having spare heads sitting around like that, but because there are so many varieties, I'd think it would be a nightmare to keep track of which heads work for which models of drives.

Well,
I do keep my heads like this also ,As these days we are doing 5 to 10 head swaps a day .Also he is not wearing gloves at this movement because he has just finished cleaning one hard drive head ,And for that procedure he might have taken the gloves off .

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Amarbir[CDR-Labs said:
":2azhja1l]Well,
I do keep my heads like this also ,As these days we are doing 5 to 10 head swaps a day .Also he is not wearing gloves at this movement because he has just finished cleaning one hard drive head ,And for that procedure he might have taken the gloves off .

How do you keep track of what heads are what? Are you matching just by appearance and hoping to get lucky?

Jared":jgivapzy said:
Amarbir[CDR-Labs said:
":jgivapzy]Well,

How do you keep track of what heads are what? Are you matching just by appearance and hoping to get lucky?

No,
I code each headstack with a number and keep record of that in a book/Computer .When i need something i use that head no .