WD10JPVX - 22JC3T0

Please I need help with a drive.

Its WD10JPVX - 22JC3T0, when Plugged in to PC3000, it shows MB 0, the drive keeps spinning.

So I uploaded ldr to get SA access but couldn't get any and couldn't backup modules.

I want to do a Hot Swap on it, How can I can go about it when I don't have the resources from Patient ? except ROM and Rom Modules.

Am very sure the heads are good, because I have replaced with donor's and the patient Head works well on Donor.

Please how can you help me on this ?

Thank you.

w.simon

Hello

Does the drive remain busy ?.

No shure how to do it (I Don't own pro tools) (Private joke for PClab)

Disallow SA access changing DIR Address in ROM
Then On / off
Load LDR / search for 01 auto in tracks
Load 01 / load 01 in RAM / slow fix
SA DIR address revert to original

ON /OFF

Keep us updated

There was a Media Damage. After head replacement, it didn't last long before the head died. Then I noticed a little scratch on Platter. Was only able to get RAW data.
The Client only needed some Excel files, I got few of them.

Jared

Administrator
Staff member
Bankole Oladoja":1h0so9hu said:
Yes. I got half of the money.

That's why I do a strict policy of no price negotiation. Was it your fault that their HDD platter had a scratch? No. So even if only half the data is recoverable, you still did your job successfully.

My policy is simply that if it's less than 70% they can 'reject' the recovery. They don't have to pay, but they don't get any data back either. If something of value was recovered, they can still opt to pay the full price and take what was recovered.

You'd be surprised how often you've actually recovered the most important files, and they then just want to haggle the price afterward because they feel they can get away with it. A lot has to do with your phraseology. For example, never say "I couldn't recover 40% of the data". Instead, you more accurately say "40% of the data was unrecoverable". Don't take the blame for something that's not due to a failing of your work.